Are you concerned about your child’s development? Do you worry that maybe your child could be behind in some areas?
If you have a child age birth to three years who you feel may have a developmental delay, we are here to help.
- The program provides free and confidential developmental screenings and assessments to children, birth to 3 years of age, who may not be meeting age-appropriate developmental milestones.
- Provides services to children who have developmental delays.
- All services shall be provided in the child’s natural environments, for example: home, daycare, grandparent’s home, community settings, etc.
- Early Intervention Services are provided at no cost to the family.
Types of Services
- Independent Evaluations
- Service Coordination
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Special Instruction – including specialized services for behavioral difficulties
- Hearing and Vision Services
- Music Therapy
- Parent Coaching
Referrals to Early Intervention Services
- All referrals are processed through SAM, Inc.
- Referrals are received from parents, physicians, hospitals, daycare providers, community agencies, etc.
- Huntingdon County Residents should call 814-643-6100
- Mifflin and Juniata County Residents should call 717-242-0351
Children Being Served as of 07/01/2021 - 226 children and families residing in Huntingdon, Mifflin and Juniata Counties with an average of 30 referrals per month
EI Service Providers for FY 2021-2022
- Strawberry Fields, Inc.
- Sovia Therapy, LLC
- Huntingdon County PRIDE
- Compass Community Connections
- Invo Healthcare, Inc.
- SAM, Inc.
- Melissa Gehlman (private Occupational Therapist)
- Joanne Peters (private Occupational Therapist)
- Blair Therapies
- Move and Grow PT, LLC
- Pro-Care Therapy
- Living Unlimited, Inc.
- Theraplay, Inc.
Contacts for Program
For provider/contract information, questions about EI Program or complaints/grievances – Amy Markley, Early Intervention Program Coordinator 717-242-6467, Extension 103
For referrals, assessments, screenings or any additional information or questions regarding EI Services – Kathryn Fayman, Early Intervention Supervisor 717-242-0351
Local Interagency Coordinating Council
The Huntingdon and Mifflin/Juniata Local Interagency Coordinating Council’s meet regularly to discuss issues relevant to the Early Intervention System, to gather input from families, to evaluate the delivery of services, to plan for the future and to create a forum for exchange of information. Family participants shall be reimbursed for costs related to their participation in this forum.
The Huntingdon LICC meetings will typically be the 1st Tuesday of each month at 1:00pm via Zoom. The contact person to confirm these meeting dates, times and Zoom link is Devona Van Nest of Huntingdon Pride- 814-643-5724 Ext. 103.
The Mifflin/Juniata LICC meetings will be held the 3rd Tuesday of every other month, via Zoom. The contact person to confirm meeting dates, times and Zoom link will be Dan Tice of SAM, Inc. at 717-242-0351
Mifflin/Juniata LICC Agenda
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. LICC Agreement
4. New business
5. Child find activities
6. Agency updates
7. Upcoming Meetings:
- January 10th at 11:00am
- March 14th at 11:00am
- April 11th at 11:00am
- June 13th at 11:00am
PARENT INPUT WANTED
The Mifflin/Juniata LICC would like to invite any and all parents of children that have received, or are currently receiving, Early Intervention Services to share personal experiences or feedback!
Anyone interested can contact Daniel Tice at firstname.lastname@example.org