Are you concerned about your child’s development? Do you worry that maybe your child could be behind in some areas?
If you have a child age birth to three years who you feel may have a developmental delay, we are here to help.
- The program provides free and confidential developmental screenings and assessments to children, birth to 3 years of age, who may not be meeting age-appropriate developmental milestones.
- Provides services to children who have developmental delays.
- All services shall be provided in the child’s natural environments, for example: home, daycare, grandparent’s home, community settings, etc.
- Early Intervention Services are provided at no cost to the family.
Types of Services
- Independent Evaluations
- Service Coordination
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Special Instruction – including specialized services for behavioral difficulties
- Hearing and Vision Services
- Music Therapy
- Parent Coaching
Referrals to Early Intervention Services
- All referrals are processed through SAM, Inc.
- Referrals are received from parents, physicians, hospitals, daycare providers, community agencies, etc.
- Huntingdon County Residents should call 814-643-6100
- Mifflin and Juniata County Residents should call 717-242-0351
Children Being Served as of 07/01/2021 - 226 children and families residing in Huntingdon, Mifflin and Juniata Counties with an average of 30 referrals per month
EI Service Providers for FY 2021-2022
- Strawberry Fields, Inc.
- Sovia Therapy, LLC
- Huntingdon County PRIDE
- Compass Community Connections
- Invo Healthcare, Inc.
- SAM, Inc.
- Melissa Gehlman (private Occupational Therapist)
- Joanne Peters (private Occupational Therapist)
- Blair Therapies
- Move and Grow PT, LLC
- Pro-Care Therapy
- Living Unlimited, Inc.
- Theraplay, Inc.
Contacts for Program
For provider/contract information, questions about EI Program or complaints/grievances – Amy Markley, Early Intervention Program Coordinator 717-242-6467, Extension 103
For referrals, assessments, screenings or any additional information or questions regarding EI Services – Kathryn Fayman, Early Intervention Supervisor 717-242-0351
Reminder for families currently receiving EI Services: